Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pursuit of Holiness




What does Holy means? According to merriam webster Holy is defined as exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect goodness and righteousness. Growing up we all have different views and beliefs about Holiness. Personally being raised in a conservative environment this one is being valued so much but I never heard any from the family discussed this topic because we all know that this is a sensitive one. Let me share things that I know about Holiness and how I understand it. I hope in this blog post I can impart to you what is the my conviction to pursuit holiness.

"Be holy, because I am holy."
1 Peter 1:16
Everyone of us is called to be holy. Holiness is something we can never earn, we inherited holiness and righteousness through Jesus Christ. We all fall short to the glory of God and that means we cannot nor can earn goodness even in our works. Being Holy is consecrating yourselves to God (Leviticus 11:14a) - this is just not include physical holiness but also your emotions and how you think.

I am not sharing this to brag that I am holy nor reached the holiness of God but this is a testimony of how His grace transform us. I stumble in this area, there were times and moments that I felt so dirty and not worthy of God's love anymore. I run away from God's presence because I am guilty of sin. I tried pursuing holiness on my own and driven by my own desires instead of turning to God and repent of my sins. In this moments, God still embraced me and showed me how His love works. His grace is overflowing and cannot be measured. The time that I accepted His grace it works in my life and started transforming me.

When you love God you pursue His holiness

God changed my perspective about Holiness and He is now directing me to His Holiness. My life is a work in progress and it's very that this journey will be painful because He will remove anchors in my life that are not helpful in this pursuit of Holiness. I hope that all of us will pursue God personally. Having Him and knowing that you have personal relationship with God is the best thing that happen in your life. He is more than enough in our lives.

The question is, are you ready to pursuit God's Holiness?


Hebrews 12:14
Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment